Wed, 07 Feb|
Barista Basics Course
A hands on beginners Barista course for Gastro professionals or coffee enthusiasts who want to enhance their coffee making skills and knowledge. This 2.5 hour course consists of an Arabica vs Robusta tasting, an introduction to the espresso machine and basic barista and latte art skills.
When & Where
07 Feb 2024, 08:30 – 11:00
Roastery Engelberg, Dorfstrasse 9, 6390 Engelberg, Switzerland
Arabica vs Robusta tasting (45 min)
- Introduction to coffee and coffee varieties
- Arabica vs Robusta facts
- Blind cupping of Arabica and Robusta.
- Blind cupping blend with and without Robusta
The Espresso Machine (45min)
- Grind, tamp, hygiene and work flow
- The perfect Espresso
- The perfect milk foam
- Most common coffee sorts
Barista skills & Latte art (60min)
- Putting it all together
- Introduction to Latte Art
- Time to practise
- Barista skills test
English and German
Our goal after this course is for you to...
- be even more passionate about coffee than before
- see, smell and taste the difference between Arabica and Robusta
- be filled with new quirky and fun facts about coffee.
- feel comfortable handling and cleaning an espresso machine
- know how to make the perfect espresso
- know how to foam the perfect milk
- only be a couple of cappuccinos away from making some nice basic latte art
- know the most common coffees on a Café menu and how to prepare them.
- have had a hands on experience on a professional espresso machine
- Ticket type
Barista Basics CoursePriceCHF 199.00Sale ended